Get a FREE Design Quote
Saint Louis’ Original Closet Factory
Closet Design is Our Business!
In-House Closet Factory
At Saint Louis Closet Co. we are proud not only to design custom solutions for our customers. We also produce our products in our very own on-site manufacturing closet factory.
We are one of the only companies in the Midwest that can make this claim. Even more importantly, our closet factory and showroom are all housed in our refurbished, fully green building. We like to make our competitors GREEN with envy on this account. Here are just some of the ways that Saint Louis Closet Co. is committed to sustainable practices:
- 100% of your custom closets are manufactured in-house. We manufacture with thermal fused laminates that are durable, natural, and renewable, and come from sustainably-managed forests. These forests capture carbon; making them among the most responsible building materials available today that you can purchase.
- Also, during the renovation of the Saint Louis Closet Co. building, we recycled over 162,000 bricks for the exterior of the building. We buried and eliminated overhead utility cables more than two football fields long. We reused 120-year-old original exterior windows on the inside of the building, and installed a white TPO roof to reduce cooling costs.
- In our shop, we installed a dust collection system that also serves to both heat and cool the manufacturing facility 12 months a year.
- In our showroom, we installed all LED lighting. We also made use of skylights and clerestories to save energy and provide natural light.
- Take a look at our roof! We have 188 solar panels that generate 300 kW-hours per day! Together, they save 33 metric tons of CO2 each year.
These are just a few examples of how we work to keep Saint Louis Closet Co. humming along in a fully sustainable way. We invite you to come visit our showroom to see how we can add beauty and organization to your home while staying green!
The Best Materials Available
When it comes to custom closets, the materials used can make all the difference in achieving a luxurious and functional space. By choosing the best materials for your custom closet, you can ensure that it not only looks great but also withstands daily use. You want your closet system to last for years to come. This is why our closet factory allows for full customization.
Saint Louis Closet Co. uses only the highest quality materials and hardware available in the custom closet industry. We use 3/4″ thick, industrial grade 5 density, thermo-fused laminate (TFL) that is custom-cut in our manufacturing factory. We also use European hardware designed specifically for heavy use and adjustability. These standards allow each custom closet system to be the highest grade available in the industry. In addition, all closets are edged in 1mm edge banding that protects from chips, dings, and dents.
We only offer floor-based systems that are installed and attached to your walls to ensure the safety and security of your home. This is important because a floor-based closet system allows all the vertical panels to rest on the floor and take the weight off your walls. Each system is attached to your walls with L-brackets and screws for security. The actual weight of the system is supported by your floor – just like furniture. Also, since we only offer a floor-based system, you benefit from true 100% adjustability from the floor to the top of the system.
A large selection of thermo-fused laminate (TFL) colors, hardware choices, crown moldings, and door and drawer profiles allow you to customize your closet to the last detail. Oval and round metal rods allow your hangers to glide more easily.